WINNIPEG, MB – The City wants your opinion on the development and design for widening Route 90 between Taylor and Ness.
This particular route needs to be upgraded because of current and future traffic volumes, to accommodate new and future redevelopment, and to meet the needs of pedestrians, cyclists, and transit users.
Items that need to be considered before the project can move into the detailed design phase, include:
- Updated traffic information and forecasts;
- The Pedestrian and Cycling Strategies approved by City Council in 2015;
- New accessibility requirements for pedestrian ramps;
- Updates and future planning for Winnipeg Transit;
- Updates to the surrounding transportation network;
- New residential, business, and industrial development within the project area;
- Changing conditions of roadways, bridges, and water mains;
- New information on the Kapyong lands redevelopment; and
- Updates to the St. James Bridges and interchanges at Portage Avenue and Academy Road in light of bridge condition and to improve access, safety and visibility.
You can participate in an online survey which is the first of several upcoming opportunities to offer input, now until to April 6 click here.
Kevin Klein, Manitoba Post