WINNIPEG – Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus at Assiniboine Park Zoo this weekend at the Zoo’s North Polar Party on December 15 and 16. They will be bringing holiday cheer and greeting guests in Tundra Grill from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm each day.
“The holiday season is a great time of year for families to visit the Zoo,” said Laura Cabak, Marketing and Communications Specialist at Assiniboine Park Conservancy. “Children can come to meet Santa and spend the day exploring the Zoo and seeing all the animals that thrive in northern climates like polar bears, snow leopards, and wolves to name a few.”
The following activities will take place this weekend at the Zoo:
· Holiday breakfast – Begin your day with a tasty holiday breakfast. Warm up at the Tundra Grill with a steaming cup of coffee, decadent hot chocolate, perfect parfait or hearty breakfast plate! (Not included with Zoo admission.)
· Special holiday presentation for our polar bears – This unique holiday presentation is a must see! Watch the polar bears get into the Christmas spirit with special enrichment items at 10:30 am at the Tundra Grill.
· Santa’s Colouring Station – Children can enjoy the colouring station from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm while waiting to see Santa and Mrs. Claus.
· McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre– Visit the McFeetors Heavy Horse Centre and take a wagon ride in the Zoo. Rides are available from 1 – 3 pm and are $3 / person. Tickets can be purchased at the kiosk located at the exhibit. Schedule is subject to change depending on weather and required animal care. Please check for updates at the Zoo entrance upon arrival.
· Winston on Location – Don’t miss your chance to get a photo with Winston, the polar bear mascot. He’ll be making appearances Sunday from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm at Tundra Grill.
The Zoo is open 9 am to 4 pm daily. Plan your visit at assiniboineparkzoo.ca.